My girlfriend can prepare a very delicious Korean Snapper meal.
I though I'd share it, for those who like Korean style cooking.
Preparing a Snapper this way will make it very soft, tender and juicy.
It becomes super tasty from the slightly burned turnip. A great combination.
Also it is very easy and quick to prepare.
- one whole cleaned snapper
- 1/3 of a chinese turnip
- spring onion
- soy sauce, fish stock 2C
- a small cup of Sake
- sugar 2T, cooking syrup 1T
- Clean the snapper: scale completely and take the guts out, clean with salt water, if possible. Cut it in half.
- Cut the vegetable: slice the turnip about 2.5cm thick and
slice spring onions 4cm length, prepare ginger - one part half mashed, the other
- Prepare the sauce: mix one cup of soy sauce, half a cup sake, 2T of raw sugar, 1T of sugar syrup and 2 cups of fish stock.
- Cooking: put the sliced vegetable under the fish in a pan and pour half of the sauce over it. Boil until the turnip is soft and brownish, pour
the rest of sauce until all the ingredients are nicely soaked.
- Serve on a plate with some sliced ginger on top.